Saturday, October 24, 2009

"live...love...SMILE", a photography book



Models: Miss SH., Miss S. and Miss J.,
Films: Ilford 100 and 400 and Fuji Pro 160
Styles: Nude + Editorial + Sensual + Candid Portraits
.
.
.
.
"live...love...SMILE"
"a collection of happy candid portraits"
.
...is simply that...a collection of the happy moments that people (in this case models) allow their masks fall along any kind of defense mechanism...when a pure human connection might have a chance to be developed worthy of remembrance for a long time.
.
...cherishing the unspoken friendships....
.
I remember I read somewhere that Mozart used to create his happiest works during his darkest times...not always but often enough so we can come to such conclusion and detect a trend.
.
I avoid being that dramatic.
Pain is just another way to feel and if everything was always oh so wonderful, then this life would be oh so very boring too.
.
Those happy moments, are perhaps some of my most precious belongings as they can not be stolen or destroyed. They are forever. They live with no dependency on me. They are free to be.
.
I would like to thank all the lovely models and dear friends who have helped me greatly during years...not only by participating in projects but also for their encouraging words and support.
.
I have to thank Mr. Dave L. for suggesting the title...for some reason it brought the whole thing home. I also would like to thank f11 who have helped me in various steps of this journey.
.
Here you can have a look at a preview of the book:
.
.
and a bit more information about it:
.
.
118 pages
148+ photos
75 models
.
Images in the book vary between pure candid shots to happy moments during fashion, portrait, nude or even erotic photo sessions.
.
.
.
.
.
Cheers
.
.
Wolf189
Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Phoenix, NYC
волк189 фотография
портрет, чувственный, изобразительное искусство

2 comments:

Uncle Allan said...

Niiiice!! Congratulations!! I will get that as soon as I get home from Japan. Preview looks really good!!

Can't wait to have that!!!

Tanya said...

what an awesome project! I hope it does well.